Sunday, July 17, 2011

My ten year old 7lb poodle hasn't wanted to eat her kibble lately.?

Last week she ran out of the purina lamb and rice (with meaty pieces) food that I always have bought her, and coincidentally, I wanted to try Purina for Sensitive Systems for her. She ate a little sunday night, and monday morning had diarrhea. I called my vet, and they said because of me not slowly blending it overtime, that was a normal reaction for her. She also told me to return to her usual food. Which I did, but for two days she did not want to eat any. Concerned, I went back to the vet and bought their bland diet canned food for her, and she gobbled it up right away. I've been giving her this for three days now, because she still will not eat her kibble even if she hasn't had anything else. I'm wondering if she's "traumatized" thinking that the Purina Lamb and Rice was what made her sick, and therefore doesnt want to eat it? Any suggestions? Or any other dry food that might work well for her? I know you're not supposed to change their food too often, because that can make them sick as well as make them picky eaters. I am going to take her to the vet next monday for a teeth cleaning, and I will ask questions then as well, I am just wondering if there is something else other than the bland food I can do for her to get her back to eating dry kibble. Even if I blend the bland food and kibble, she spits out the kibble! Any suggestions? She is still acting like her normal self, there are no signs that anything is not "normal" other than her not wanting to eat kibble specifically. Thanks, and sorry this was long, just wanted to get all the details out!

No comments:

Post a Comment