Monday, July 18, 2011

Are some weightlifting lifts harder for you than others? Are you strong in some lifts but weak in others?

I am new to deadlifting. I am a 36 year old guy who is 5'8" and I weight 170. I have only had two deadlifting sessions. But I must admit, deadlifting is a real pain in the neck for me. It just doesn't feel natural. It feels awkward. I am not used to lifting heavy weight with my lower back and my legs. But this might be because all I have done are upper body exercises the past couple years such as pull ups (5 sets of 10), push ups (100), sit ups (50), leg lifts (50), and bodyweight squats and bodyweight lunges. But I tried to deadlift for the first time a couple weeks ago and let's just say I have a long way to go. I don't do much weight and the most I have tried is 130 pounds and I did 10 reps. I am not tusre what my max would be but I don't think it would be much. This is going to be a steep uphill battle if I want to do my goal of 2.5 times my bodyweight.

No comments:

Post a Comment